How to open the Normal template in any version of Word
- To edit the normal template in any version of Word on any Windows operating system do the following:
- Open Word.
- Open the vba Editor by Pressing Alt+F11 together.
- At the bottom of the vba Editor window is something called the Immediate window. (Press Ctrl+G to activate this window if you don’t see it.) Click in that Immediate window.
- Type the following (or copy it from here and paste it):
- Press Enter
- Close the vba editor
- You are now editing the normal.dot or normal.dotm template.
- Make the appropriate changes and save.
The next time you open a new document, it will have the defaults you saved in the template.