After updating my Note 4 to Android 5.1.1, I noticed that a few of my contacts weren’t synchronizing correctly from Google. After looking into it further, I realized there were MANY contacts that were missing. No real pattern, but I’ve never seen this before.
I tried to resolve the problem by stopping the sync for Google Contacts, but that didn’t work. I also read several articles (many, many articles) that were inaccurate or incomplete, then I started from scratch and documented my process.
- Removed all the accounts that synchronized contacts (Google, Samsung, Company e-mail, etc).
- Cleared cache for all applications
- Cleared System Cache
Process to clear system cache
- Press Home, Volume Up and Power buttons together.
- Let the Power and Home buttons go off when the Note 4 starts vibrating.
- Now recovery screen will be shown to you. Select Wipe Cache partition using the Volume Down key.
- Confirm the step by pressing the Power button.
- Reboot System Now option needs to be selected and confirm it by pressing the Power button.