RT @FattMuller Old people have a wealth of knowledge, just got a low down of Brooklyn at the nursing home // we old people are here for you.
Megan quote – “If you can’t find something on Google, it doesn’t exist. “
Sign in store “I have flying monkeys, and I’m not afraid to use them”. Not sure why I find this so funny.
Headed to NH via VT to visit Connie & Jim. Its been way too long; we are excited to see them again.
Due to ‘bots registering fake users, I just disabled new user registration. I’m not sure how I will handle this moving forward, but I want to allow comments, I just don’t want 20 fake accounts created each day.
Off to Kristen and Josh’s wedding. The first of the next generation, and the first wedding in years.
Van ‘exploded’ in the driveway. I thought it was compressed air, chainsaw, or powertool next door. After review of all fluids, it’s the AC.
RT @k_begz I keep having the same dream <- is the dream that your room is clean, you discovered you have wood floors, and I stopped nagging?
RT @k_begz Um im surrounded by dweebs. Help! <-you say that like it’s a bad thing… people I know??
I waited until the official firmware release, but I’m impatient, and I have concerns about Verizon bastardizing some features (USB tethering, etc).
The install was smooth, but I had to remove the battery after the restart when the system appeared to hang during initialization (eye of Sauron animation), then all was well.
- Minor interface changes to Google Mail and other apps. Home page interface updated. Performance and battery life at least as good as 2.1 build.
- All existing apps work fine, the only difference I have noted to date is that the right scroll bar is not visible when some apps (Twitdroid, others) initialize.
- Handcent SMS is much faster when initializing.
- Google Mail interface – supports multiple selects and operations, flagging SPAM takes fewer keystrokes
- Android Marketplace now has an Update All button – so you don’t have to select individual packages, download and OK install.
- Data entry – when you’re entering text using the screen, frequently used symbols are available (comma, apostrophe, etc). This is probably my favorite feature so far.
- I’m using Touchdown, so I can’t comment on Exchange ActiveSync.
- I need to test Bluetooth dial-by-voice and tethering my laptop for Internet access.
I will post a comprehensive review after using the update for a full work week.
Firmware and instructions – http://www.nexeo.net/?p=488
Motorola Droid support site – http://www.motorola.com/Support/US-EN/Consumer-Support/Mobile-Phones/Droid+-+USA_Default+US_Loc%253AUS-EN